Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Top Ten Tuesdays!


Top Ten Books that the Title or Cover Made Me Buy

1. The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas: The simple yet intriguing title forced me to purchase this book, a decision I later regretted. I had to push myself to finish this book and its now collecting dust at the back of my bookcase. 

2. Juliet by Anne Fortier: I love the antique-looking rose on the cover, not to mention the romantic connotations of the name Juliet. 

3. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield: The title is a two-fold suspense: what's the thirteenth tale, and if there are thirteen, what are the first twelve all about?

4. The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho: I love books about magic and the contrast of the woman's red hair and blue background on the cover really caught my eye. 

5. The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf: The figure of the little girl holding the necklace behind her back made me curious to read this book. 

6. The Summer Garden by Paullina Simons: Of course I would have read this novel anyway (being a devoted lover of her Tatiana and Alexander trilogy) but I thought I would include it for the striking model featured on the front cover. 

7. The Time-Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger: This title is pretty fantastic, though I didn't enjoy this book.

8. Divine Evil by Nora Roberts: I love the cover of the 2009 edition printed by Bantam, with the beautiful woman in the deep red cloak. Simply fabulous. 

9. Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky: I love the vintage-looking cover of this book. 

10. Bride of New France by Suzanne Desrochers: This title really interested me, since my heritage stems from the first settlers in Canada from France. 

Click here to join the Top Ten Meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

1 comment:

  1. I own Juliet I haven't read it yet but the cover looks pretty and I've read The Time-Traveler's Wife soo sad.
    I'm a new follower.
    Check out my TTT http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/10/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...