Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wishlist Wednesday!



Sorry I'm a little late, guys! I have a late-night lecture on modern art on Wednesday nights, so please forgive me if I'm a little late on posting.

Tonight, I'm lusting after The Old Mermaid's Tale by Kathleen Valentine (2007). This book was recommended to me by Goodreads and the title and cover really caught my eye. Here's the summary:

Set against the background of the maritime and sea legends of the Great Lakes, The Old Mermaid's Tale weaves a romance - the story of Clair Wagner and the two men she loves: Pio, a handsome young fisherman and Baptiste, the mysterious Breton seafarer and musician she is fascinated by - that pays homage to the importance of stories in our lives.
First of all, as a Canadian, I'm intrigued by the setting of the Great Lakes, an area very well known to me. Its not often that the Canadian landscape makes an appearance in popular literature, so its interesting to see a place so close to home on the back of a book! I also love the idea of myths and "sea legends" included in the story. Not to mention, I'm a sucker for a romantic subplot.

This book will probably appear up on this blog sooner or later . In the meantime, if you've read it (or even if you haven't!) let me know what you think.

Wishlist Wednesday is hosted by Dani at Pen to Paper
Click here to read the summary on Goodreads
Click here to connect with the author, Kathleen Valentine

2 comments:

  1. This sounds pretty good! Different from the other mermaid stories I've heard about that have been popping up. Thanks for posting, I hadn't heard of this one before, but I've added it to my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm really interested to see where the mermaid's tale comes in!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...