I was forced to stop participating in this weekly meme, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but now that I have time again....here we go!
Top Ten Books I Hope that Santa Brings Me
1. The Opposite of Me by Sarah Pekkanen: I really loved her novel, Skipping A Beat (I actually reviewed it here) so I'm really excited to check out her other published book. Plus its about two sisters, a topic I always love to read about!
2. The Distant Hours by Kate Morton: I absolutely LOVED her other novels, The Forgotten Garden and The House at Riverton (once again, I reviewed them here and here) so I'm really looking forward to this one, as Kate Morton is a fantastic writer.
3. When She Woke by Hillary Jordan: This book was mentioned in a magazine I picked up at the hairdressers and I am really intrigued by the distopian setting and the conflict about the contemporary debate about abortion.
4. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern: This book has been literally EVERYWHERE and I want to find out what all the hype is about...plus the plot does sound quite interesting, too.
5. The Last Nude by Ellis Avery: A jazz age story set in Paris, filled with art and a passionate love affair...right up my alley.
6. Christmas at Tiffany's by Karen Swan: I love stories about new beginnings and fresh starts, so this one (about a woman starting over after her husband cheats on her) sounds very interesting.
7. A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff: The back of my copy of The Very Picture of You, there was quote after quote by authors such as Sophie Kinsella praising A Vintage Affair as a fabulous read.
8. The Help by Kathryn Stockett: I've been meaning to read this book for ages now!
9. How to Dress for Success by Edith Head: This pick is a not a novel, but as an amateur fashionista, I love to read about style.
10. Valley of the Dolls by Jaqueline Susann: I borrowed a friend's copy of this notorious book and I absolutely loved it. I'd love to read it again, so I want to get a copy for my own bookshelves!
And there you have it. Thanks for stopping by - and in case I forget - happy holidays to everyone!