Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday!


I was forced to stop participating in this weekly meme, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but now that I have time again....here we go!

Top Ten Books I Hope that Santa Brings Me

1. The Opposite of Me by Sarah Pekkanen: I really loved her novel, Skipping A Beat (I actually reviewed it here) so I'm really excited to check out her other published book. Plus its about two sisters, a topic I always love to read about!
2. The Distant Hours by Kate Morton: I absolutely LOVED her other novels, The Forgotten Garden and The House at Riverton (once again, I reviewed them here and here) so I'm really looking forward to this one, as Kate Morton is a fantastic writer. 
3. When She Woke by Hillary Jordan: This book was mentioned in a magazine I picked up at the hairdressers and I am really intrigued by the distopian setting and the conflict about the contemporary debate about abortion. 
4. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern: This book has been literally EVERYWHERE and I want to find out what all the hype is about...plus the plot does sound quite interesting, too. 
5. The Last Nude by Ellis Avery: A jazz age story set in Paris, filled with art and a passionate love affair...right up my alley. 
6. Christmas at Tiffany's by Karen Swan: I love stories about new beginnings and fresh starts, so this one (about a woman starting over after her husband cheats on her) sounds very interesting. 
7. A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff: The back of my copy of  The Very Picture of You, there was quote after quote by authors such as Sophie Kinsella praising A Vintage Affair as a fabulous read. 
8. The Help by Kathryn Stockett: I've been meaning to read this book for ages now!
9. How to Dress for Success by Edith Head: This pick is a not a novel, but as an amateur fashionista, I love to read about style. 
10. Valley of the Dolls by Jaqueline Susann: I borrowed a friend's copy of this notorious book and I absolutely loved it. I'd love to read it again, so I want to get a copy for my own bookshelves!

And there you have it. Thanks for stopping by - and in case I forget - happy holidays to everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Great list! I hope Santa treats you well this Christmas. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!
    Hope Santa is good to ya ;)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and following, I followed back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list ;) I haven't read any of these, but I'm sure they are great :D Hope you get them all :)
    Thank you for commenting on my top ten. <3 Hih, yeah, I think Daughter of Smoke and Bone is awesome as well :D Can't wait to read it :) And thank you so much for following me. <33
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...