Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday!


Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Dani at Pen to Paper. This week, I'm looking forward to Crystal Gardens by Amanda Quick, a romantic suspense novel to be released in April 2012. I stumbled across this book while scanning through the Barnes and Noble Coming Soon list, and as I'm currently feeling for some romance in my life, I can't wait to pick it up. Here's the Amazon summary: 

Evangeline Ames has rented a country cottage far from the London streets where she was recently attacked. Fascinated by the paranormal energy of nearby Crystal Gardens, she finds pleasure in sneaking past the wall to explore the grounds. And when her life is threatened again, she instinctively goes to the gardens for safety. 
Lucas Sebastian has never been one to ignore a lady in danger, even if she is trespassing on his property. Quickly disposing of her would-be assassin, he insists they keep the matter private. There are rumors enough already, about treasure buried under his garden, and occult botanical experiments performed by his uncle—who died of mysterious causes. With Evangeline’s skill for detection, and Lucas’s sense of the criminal mind, they soon discover that they have a common enemy. And as the energy emanating from Crystal Gardens intensifies, they realize that to survive they must unearth what has been buried for too long.
Crystal Gardens has so far gotten good reviews on Goodreads and though I haven't ever read anything by Amanda Quick (pseudonym of author Jane Ann Krentz, known for her romance writing) her huge catalogue of published work makes me feel optimistic and positive. Crystal Gardens appeals to me because the plot seems to mix everything I love into one darkly beautiful package: romance, the paranormal and a suspenseful mystery. I'm in the mood for a sexy hero, as Lucas Sebastian sounds like he will be, so this book has perfect timing. Look for a review in the future!

Crystal Gardens will be released April 24th, 2012

7 comments:

  1. I'm following you back! This sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and saying hello. This sounds like a great read!! and the cover is beautiful. I might need to add this to my tbr PILE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting..i'm gonna check the reviews to...who knows :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been awhile since I have read anything with Amanda Quick. I love the name of her heroine, Evangeline. The blurb does sound really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of this book or the author but it sounds good! :)

    New follower and thank for visiting my blog!

    Holly
    Full Moon Bites

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read anything by Amanda Quick either. Since I'm a sucker for paranormal romances I'll definitely add this to my TBR list. And what's a paranormal romance without a totally droolworthy hero like Lucas Sebastian? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting, guys! Totally, Paromita :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...