Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday!


Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Dani at Pen to Paper. This week, I'm looking forward to the release of Deadlocked, the twelfth book in Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse series (the books that inspired the television show True Blood). While I have only reached the seventh book in the series, I'm still looking forward to finding out what happens to Sookie next and most of all, whether or not she and vampire Bill end up together! Here's the Goodreads summary for Deadlocked
With Felipe de Castro, the Vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), in town, it’s the worst possible time for a body to show up in Eric Northman’s front yard—especially the body of a woman whose blood he just drank. Now, it’s up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl’s fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who’s out to make Sookie’s world come crashing down. 
Vague enough not to give too much away for readers who, like me, aren't quite caught up yet in Sookie's adventures with the undead and supernatural. One of the reasons I love these books is because Sookie herself is a kick-ass heroine, who refuses to let anything get her down and always fights back to the best of her ability. Not only does this series feature a great protagonist, but it also includes sexy romance, surprising plot twists and lots of exciting supernatural fantasy. I'm hoping to be caught up in the series by the time Deadlocked is released, so I can grab it right away and get reading!

Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris will be released May 1st, 2012. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I loved these books until #9 or 10. I felt like she was just trying to fill up a book instead of telling a great story like she did with the previous books. I still love the first ones though!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    http://redheaded-bookworm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for this to be released. Heard from the publishers, that the book following Deadlocked will be the last in the series, though! Definitely sad times next May!

    Great choice this week - you know Charlaine's my favourite! :P

    Dani x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, guys! Yeah a lot of people on the Goodreads page agreed with you, Red Headed Bookworm. But I'm still going to give it a chance! Haha, Dani, I credit you with getting me into these books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't even got around to reading the first book yet! I really should. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first book is fantastic, Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Sookie Stackhouse Novels have been on my TBR list for a while now. I really need to read them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...