Thursday, May 24, 2012

Big News!


Hi, guys! I'm super excited to share with you all that I will be spending the next three months - June, July and August - in Delhi, India! I'll be working as a volunteer intern with two different but equally worthy causes and hopefully having some amazing cultural experiences. I am currently only four days away from my departure date from Ontario, Canada. I'm in for some crazy culture shock, but ultimately I think this summer will be full of rewarding experiences.

However, I will unfortunately have to put Books Are My Heroine on hiatus until my return in September. I considered trying to keep up my book reviews while abroad but I simply don't think I will have enough time to read and review enough books. I'd also like to take the opportunity on this trip to really focus on my own personal development instead of my literary aspirations. So instead, I'll be keeping a travel blog to record and share my experiences with family, friends and blogger buddies while I'm in India. I'd love for you all to come check out my adventures at Genny's Journals, which can be found at http://gennysjournals.blogspot.ca/.

I hope you all have a great summer and I'll see you back at Books Are My Heroine in September!

Photo from here

6 comments:

  1. Wow, should be an amazing experience! Hope you enjoy it, take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) See you in September!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, terrific news! This is a great blog. I wanted to nominate you for the Liebster Blog award. To fulfill requirements for this award, please see my blog tomorrow.
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com

    Would love if you followed me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this after I sent you a review request. Have a great time! I should have more formats available for the book when you get back. Link for reference: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D3RI4PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And apparently, I don't read dates well.. This was last year. *Sigh* Ignore the above.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...